Friday, October 1, 2010

The Blogger Herself

Hello, Blogosphere! ;D

Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Maeghan, otherwise known as Pandorka. I am a college student double-majoring in French and sociology. It's an unusual combination, but I am a bit of an unusual person. :) I've had a passion for languages since middle school and that passion continued to grow once I got into the university. There, I've learned to take everything in stride.

I also work part-time at a book store--I'm frequently in the children's department, which is appropriate for me because I'd like to be a children's librarian. I'm generally not too picky with what I read, but my favorite genre is, without a doubt, fantasy (although you could kinda lump that together with some science fiction and especially dystopian fiction). Anything that's a little different from real life is basically what I enjoy.

Diana Wynne Jones is one of my favorite authors, and we even share a birthday! I am also a big fan of the Harry Potter series by JK Rowling and Percy Jackson & the Olympians by Rick Riordan. I'm really just a big kid! By blogging here I hope to turn you (the readers and possible parents of young readers) onto some of the best stuff out there.

Random facts about me that may amuse you:
- I collect rubber ducks
- English is my mother tongue, but I also know French, as well as some Spanish and American Sign Language. I would like to learn German, Latin, Greek, Japanese, Mandarin Chinese... (I think you see where I'm going with this)
- I have four cats
- I love cooking and baking and frequently visit blogs that feature pictures of pretty food (and the odd stuff, too!)

I'll leave it at that for now; enjoy the blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment