Monday, October 6, 2014

Grad School

In order to become a librarian, you need to have a master's degree in Library & Information Science (or something very similar).  I am currently finishing my MLIS and have plans to graduate very soon!  I'm already working as a librarian, but need to finish the degree in order to obtain full-time positions in any civil service library.

For the fall 2014 semester, I am enrolled in a teen lit class--really, Materials for Young Adults.  This is the last class I need to finish my youth services certificate.  Some of the course requirements are to keep a blog to post reviews, reflections on scholarly readings, and reactions to articles.  Any posts I make for grad school will include the tag "LBSCI739."  Submitting posts for this class has been one of the most enjoyable (and practical) assignments I've had, so I hope you all enjoy seeing them.  At the very least, it's making my blogging experience a lot more concrete--I'm posting on a schedule, after all! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment