Monday, October 6, 2014

About MaejorlyBookish

Hey!  My name is Maeghan, and I am a children's and teen librarian in NY.  I'm finishing up my master's degree in library & information sciences so that I can be fully initiated into the library world.  I design and run programs for kids ages 0-18, help with homework, answer reference questions, and (best of all) provide reader's advisory--I get to help you find something you'll (hopefully) love to read.

I've had this blog for about 5 years, and I'm trying to use it for more professional development and, of course, gushing over books.  I read things you'd find in the children's department as well as teen, so most of my reviews will cover either of those age groups.

Check out my blog for book reviews, youth news, and library-related fun!

Here's a quick list of my favorite things:

Authors - Diana Wynne Jones, Maggie Stiefvater, Ned Vizzini, Suzanne Collins, Rick Riordan, JK Rowling

Genres - Fantasy, contemporary, dystopian fiction

Formats - Prose, graphic novel/manga

Treats - Chocolate, veggie chips, popcorn, pizza (all the time)

Video games - Harvest Moon, Mario Party, Paper Mario, Animal Crossing, Tetris

TV shows - Futurama, The Walking Dead, 30 Rock, Doctor Who, Adventure Time, Gravity Falls, Sherlock
Movies - The Princess Bride, Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Spirited Away, Seeking a Friend for the End of the World

No comments:

Post a Comment