Tuesday, January 18, 2011

In My Mailbox 1

In My Mailbox is a meme started by Kristi @ The Story Siren and inspired by Alea @ Pop Culture Junkie.  Blog on!

 I'd never been to a bookstore quite like Strand in NYC's Union Square.  It was awesome.

On this trip, I was able to get six books PLUS a reusable bag for under $30.  It was well worth the trip, as I found several things that I'd been wanting for a while!

The only thing that may have been better than actually getting the books was seeing Sandy's reaction when we got there.  She ran ahead of me and Cristina once the store was in sight and we were afraid we'd never see her again.  Word to the wise: do not come between this girl and her books! ;)

After spending a glorious 765286 hours there (okay, so I might be exaggerating a bit), we decided that it was time to pay for our little gems.

Here is what I picked up:
 I was able to get all of those books as well as a bag for an unbelievable price, so I can't wait to go back and get more.  If you ever have the chance, definitely visit Strand Books.  It's completely worth it!

I also recently received some books from Sandy--we did a little exchange.  :D  I gave her a few books that I was looking to donate and got quite a few from her in return, complete with swag!  I got:

Looks like I have a lot of reading to do!   :D

What's In Your Mailbox?

1 comment:

  1. No one could ever come between me and my books! I AM A BEAST FOR LITERATURE!

    *...knows that sounds weird but whateverrrr*

    I'm so glad you had a great time visiting the store! I HEART THAT PLACE<3

    I must say, this is an excellent first post for IMM...and I love your background e_e!

    ReplyDelete